The quick review is here for those who don’t want to get all the details but the gist of the review.
- The front of the box shows a different side compared to the back and top of box giving better insight into the details.
Green Cruiser measures over 1” (3cm) high, 4” (12cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- The outside looks really flash. It’s good to see the green 2×4 tiles. It was the main reason I bought this set.
- Instead of using pre-modeled mudgaurds, the bumper along with the 2×4 green tiles has been used as compensation.
- It’s not all green. The cushioning with tan bricks resembles a leather style car, fitting with the title Green Cruiser.
- The beige background is clearly visible. I think Lego should’ve patched that up by placing a 1×6 tile on the angled plate to cover it.
- A clever feature included is the boot which can be opened via hinges. It’s also a slick addition to the sloping arch of the back of the cruiser
- A clever feature of the 2×2 plate with bows is it acts as a model carving of where the tier is below
Fast Boat measures over 1” (3cm) high, 4” (12cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- My favourite part of the boat is probably the bar that is raised on top of two trans-orange 1×2 tiles. It makes the boat look like it’s super fast! The rims of the wheels have been added to the back to act as propellers.
- The only issue I have with this model is that it’s showing the skeleton (1×12 technic bricks) which could’ve been covered up to the life ring with green.
Truck measures over 2” (6cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.
- The box image made it look quite flash but when the final product was done, I was disappointed to see that the proportions seems wrong. The truck skeleton was very fat, leaving the main part of the vehicle looking chubby.
- A nice feature is the grille on the front. It’s quite iconic for those big road train type vehicles The windows too have been well masked behind the tan 1×2 slopes.
- The green 2×2 tile slopes acting as doors I think are a very clever way of recycling bricks though I am uncertain on what the white 1×1 modified plate siting just above is supposed to do.
- Instead of showing the technic brick sticking out, Lego could’ve more trans bricks as lighting to make it look more presentable.
- It really deserves an applause. I mean, three sets in one box for that price, amazing! The best model is the Green Cruiser and then the shine fades a little but it’s quite impressive for pieces that needed to be recycled.
- Would I recommend this set? Yes, definitely. For those whose budget is tight, it’s a good one. I wouldn’t say it’s very important to get it right away. I’d wait for a sale where you save a few bucks.
Buy Green Cruiser (31056)
Australia – $15.99
America – $9.99
Britain – £9.99
Canada – $12.99
Germany – €9.99
Spain – €9.99
Green Cruiser (31056) – Full